Bleach Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please be sure to sit out there, all you guests, and not log in. Oh, do lurk. We enjoy the lack of activity. It's so wonderful for the forum. Thank you soooo much for your dedication. Welcome to Bleach Online. We currently have lots of Elite spots open for the Quincy, Humans, Hollow, Zanpakutou Spirits. Plus Lieutenant, Fracciōn, and Vice-Elite spots open for all races. Don't be shy, and come on down and register.

The site is currently going through a Revamp. So certain things will slow down, such as application responses. However, once we have our revamp over, the site will return to its familiar luster. Just hold with us for a moment as we implement new rules and features to the site. This Revamp is expected to begin on 5/1/10 and shall conclude on 5/20/10. It will take a full ten days at least for the first half to conclude on account of size of staff and school.
http://souls-unleashed.forumotion.com/ Join, Join, Join. Better, active and everything you want!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The would you? Could you? Game.
Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:47 pm by harrisonson

» Come and find one piece treasure
Revamp I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:29 pm by ardenz

» A free Browser game based on manga
Revamp I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:19 pm by ardenz

» 3D ARPG Game-GOW
Revamp I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 1:14 am by abbeytai

» Amazing Bleach Online
Revamp I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:10 am by ivanwilliam

» DBZ GAME
Revamp I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 pm by athenahatt

» bleach online
Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:13 am by adalxjing

» I support
Revamp I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:56 am by Tokujoro Seizen Το Κτήνος

» Arrancar Information
Revamp I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:55 am by Tokujoro Seizen Το Κτήνος

Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Revamp

Go down 
+6
Chinou
Ryudou Nagare
Fulmine
Nelia
Rommel
Mr. Polk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Polk

Mr. Polk

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 am

As you all know, we are having a revamp. So do you think that it would be proper to have a revamp of the sites Plot. It is, for now, slow. Nothing is happening in roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Rommel

Rommel

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

Whilst, the idea of a entirely character run plot is good in theory, in practice in rarely works out well. I believe that we should have one or several "bad guys" who's owners know are going to die but will still put up a fight. These characters could be run by the staff or by trusted members. You could even give out points to those who volunteer for an incentive. So, as long as these "bad guys" stay active more people should stay active as well. Also, if you have these guys running around if at all possible don't let their applications be viewed by the general populous. If you can go to the Zunpakuto creation zone and find out what his big bad bankai is then the surprise is lost. However, if all the sudden you're fighting the guy and he pulls out some secretive ultimate ability that makes your jaw drop, you're going to be excited and want to continue the fight.
Back to top Go down
Nelia

Nelia

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:39 pm

I agree with Rommel. 'Nuff Said.
Back to top Go down
Fulmine

Fulmine

Location : In Mah Secret Base Watching You From A Satellite Monitor

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 pm

I can make an overpowered Quincy app that is outside the order and takes his sense of justice into his own hands. This guy would want nothing more than to cleanse the world of the scum know as bountou, shinigami, superhumans, arrancar, and the other quicny which are viewed as corrupt in his eyes. Good Idea?

Last edited by Jace on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I decided not to kill off my new character :()
Back to top Go down
Ryudou Nagare

Ryudou Nagare

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 pm

I agree with the above people except in the certainity that sucha character will in the end die, I think such a chracter should have a chance and should not be put into fight where the outcome will become certain in some season finale fashion, such a fight would be cool but wouldn;t it make it more thrilling if thier were no promises?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Polk

Mr. Polk

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:05 am

Lets collect just a little more plot ideas. Then we will come up with one that works nicely.
Back to top Go down
Chinou

Chinou

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:16 am

Yippee.
Back to top Go down
Nelia

Nelia

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:36 am

Like Rommel, I think we need a big bad. However, I think this big bad should not belong to any one race alone. Let's say our big bad isn't a person but an organization. Could be anything then. Arrancars, Shinigami, Quincy...all of them.

Now for that to happen they need an over-arching goal for them to achieve. Could be anything, taking over every world, destroying a particular race...anything that is important enough to make them put their differences aside.

This also opens up opportunity for regular and NPC characters. Now we have two factions to fight upon! However, one faction is organized and well-prepared while the others are fighting each other. The situation could not be more dangerous in any eventuality. Therefore, this organization must not outnumber its enemies by more than 50% or it's a definite lost cause without a shadow of a doubt.

Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Kyrie.

Kyrie.

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Um I feel terrible for mentioning the terrible terrible past of BO. But we could do an organization like H.E.A.V.E.N. in wich very few but very skilled people from all the races join up and take on everyone else. And their cause doesn't really have to be that trivial. And I do agree maybe having their abilities hidden slightly that way people cant just look at an app and know how to beat them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Polk

Mr. Polk

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:29 am

WE could always be a unique bleach site also. Have the entire theory of racial grouping be negated. And have all the members of the site placed into varrying groups who all share a common goal regardless of race.
Back to top Go down
Nelia

Nelia

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:59 am

Right you are Polky! I was aiming for eliminating race barriers without alleviating them completely. That way, we can still have racist characters but also have an all-inclusive plot. The only task is to divide the races into factions.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Polk

Mr. Polk

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Well their shall be three factions. One based on running the Spirit realms, one based on protecting the human realm, and the thrid will be the big baddies, whose leaders are the ones who have hidden apps and things of that nature. Who want to either end every realm, or just rule them both. They can have a base in the Dangai, seeing as that is inbetween the two other areas. But they should operate as the akatsuki, so that its the spirits and human realm factions fighting each other primarily, then the third faction can arrive out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Ryudou Nagare

Ryudou Nagare

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:09 pm

I don't like it, it makes people put into groups too general, I wouldn't like thier being only 3 sides to choose from, I like Kyrie's idea though because that makes it more probable that other side groups would be made which add some variety to the forum. Besides the Hollows and SHinigami would have to wrok together to fight a realm in which the shinigami protect and the hollows eat from, what I am saying is the shinigami would not like to fight the Human Realm people because thier major role is to perform consu's which would not be done ordinarly because no ones else could do them except the vaizards and 10-30 some Vaizards aren't going to be able to cover the whole world, but the biggest problem is that the shinigami don't want to fight the Real World people because thier main duty is to take care of Plus's and take care of Hollow's in the Human World, conversly the Hollows and Arrancar are never welcomed in the human world so nothing would change for them, much less join with the shinigami so they can eat more of the souls the shinigami want to purify. In summary Shinigami would never fight the Real World people, the Hollows always have.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Polk

Mr. Polk

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:46 am

Speaking on Ryudou: But thats why this is a roleplay site. Aizen is a Shinigami, he fought real world people. He even went as far as to work with Arrancar. As well as Tousen, and Gin. So the entire idea that all Shinigami are the same, according to your post, is utterly misrepresented. You, state a common misconception, and that is not okay. Besides, Arrancar have been shown to be good as well, such as Nel and her two fraccion. So once again, your incorrect. Besides, if their is a common goal in mind, multiple people will come together to serve that cause. Simply put, the people in the Spirit Realm would not want Humans to be alive, and the people in the Human Realm want to defend it from the likes of the Spirit Realm. Just because your duty states one thing, does not mean your morals state another. If in ROLEPLAY all Shinigami where sticking to their duties alone, then it would be entirely dull. I assure you that much. Regardless, Shinigami are able to do things outside of the stereotypes as well as any other people. Such as, Humans could serve under the spirit realm, cause they want to ultimately rule the world. Things of that nature. It is cliche placing everyone by race, and by placing everyone by race, you get the same results for the roleplay that you can find and any other bleach roleplay site. Even by adding in a few new groups, it ends up being the same. But to break it down into different groups, then perhaps the roleplay will not be only unique, rather it might, if givin the proper chance. Cause this site to have some unique originality.

Speaking of Kyries idea:
We had H.E.A.V.E.N. and as you know, after that started the site bombed crashed and died. We attempted to do this again with my organization known as the Myst, but THREE people hated it severely, and ranted about it endlessly. I doubt that any groups we make, which are not on the scale of Myst, will not have impact on this site, and if they do have one, it will mostly be negative. However, depending on how we work it, it might actually work. Though, this event has happend so many time, im getting tired of seeing it start, and then fail. However, we can still set this up, but i suggest we don't make it where all the races come together. But, like the myst, make it a entirely new race.
Back to top Go down

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:19 am

I would like to add in another thought that I think is important when running a plot.Usually, all forms of plots that allow the characters to "make the plot themselves" always fail. Why, you ask? Because people sometimes disappear, go inactive, expected or unexpected, and this holds things up, leading to more site inactivity. You might want to go more in the direction of a staff moderated and scripted plot. This is not to say that the outcome has to be entirely planned, right down to the fights, but it does give a sense of control that can help keep things moving and regulated. When you leave the plot and everything to the members' actions, it turned out badly and things never end well. It will also help if you keep those primarily involved with moving the plot along in close contact with one another, frequently talking about what moves will be made next, and conversing where it should go. You know, like a group.

The first BO might not have had very good plots, and they might have all been centered about one character, but the plot did move along smoothly. I have to give credit to Adauchi for at least that much, even though I didn't like how his plots were all centered around his own characters. What I am saying is, it's important for everyone to play their parts without delay, without distraction and procrastinating. Ada pretty much forced things to move along, and we, as staffers, followed suit, posting and whatnot. As a staffer and a person who had a pretty big role at the time, I think his methods were fairly sound. Staff scripting out the plot events, getting, even pestering if need be, those involved to post and do things when they need to. It might not sound that good, but it really isn't so bad, and it keeps things in line, keeps them moving. I just wanted to give my thoughts regarding plot movement, which... this may not have been the right place to post such a thing.

Ah well.

I think that breaking down the racial barrier, if done right, can work well. If we play our cards right, things around here can become quite unique. I'm all for it. It's like real life. No one is the same. You cannot, you just can't, classify everyone into the same group, no matter what race, what color their skin, what background their ancestors had. Everyone is different. Some are capable of being coldblooded, demented, soulless asswipes, and others, good-natured, kind, merciful people. There are more types of people than we can count, and the same goes for role-play characters, regardless of race, if you think about it. That's why we have a Nel, and an Aizen, and a Gin.

I warn you, though. If you decided to do so, please do be cautious with who you trust to move things along. We all know it to be true. One missing person can have a profound affect on the rest of us. One inactive chacaracter can cause the entire thing to crumble. As much as we hate to admit it, people are fickle, people are whimsical. They disappear without much warning, if any at all. I, for one, don't like to put much trust in the fact that people will be there can you need them, in any situation, fiction or other. I say this as much for the benifit of the form as from past experience as a Webmaster. Proceed carefully with how you do things. Build it right and you will have an unique, thriving fourm that could very well last quite a while. Do it wrong and it will die very quickly, if it even begins. That's the sad, sad truth of these forums.

Anyway, I think we can thrive if we break away from the preset limitations that the manga and anime has set for us. Start by breaking down the racial barrier, and move on from there, organizing and properly planning out the detail for your groups. Invent some antagonist group or race out of your ass, make a goal for them that actually makes sense, then set them loose. You're better off throwing some originality into the works than going with what the original has set forth. People get bored otherwise. It just doesn't have the flare and interest if you don't.

Edit: Also, I am for a fresh start. New BO, new forum theme and appearance, clean out all the old, inactive accounts, that way you can really see how many members and active people you have. Fresh start, new beginnings. We really need one, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kyrie.

Kyrie.

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:55 pm

I would happily help in anyway just give me something to do. Im still here and still active just nothing to do. I do love being evil.
Back to top Go down
Nelia

Nelia

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:14 am

I can make an evil character to help as well. Point me at whatever you want and I'll make a charrie to respond to that brief. Just doin' ma bit Wink
Back to top Go down
The Hunter

The Hunter

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm

I mostly think that all races should have kind of a war with themselves.. I think it'll just spice everything up. So, SS is separated, and all that shit like HC. Basically, it's a stereotype idea, very ordinary.
Back to top Go down

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:44 pm

While War is interesting and amusing, it doesn't solve the problem for the long-run. Plain old War, no strings attached, gets boring after a while. Not to mention, there are some people who find the constant conflict dull; and while I am a lover of War and conflict of all sorts, mental, physical, or otherwise, in fiction, of course, I'd have to agree; War does get boring. You need a flavorful balance of conflict and other elements to successfully create a worthwhile story. Steve punches Larry in the face and starts a brawl just isn't good enough. Forums are, in many wills and ways, just like a good book. You have experiment a little, mingle the elements around, intertwine things you never have before, collect the thoughts and ideas of the members, what they think would improve the forum and fix the many problems that, and they all have them, forums commonly have. Sometimes, when you are sitting up there as a staffer, you just can't see or deal with the problems objectively. Some people don't have the ability or perspective to see things that way. That's where the members come in. That's what I'm doing, trying to give advice on what would make this place better. What I suggest is, look back; back at all that ended up in complete amd utter failure; back at all that worked or at least worked somewhat or however long it did. When we look at both our mistakes and successes, we can take what was good from that and fix what did not work, making our future attempts better and more well-thought-out. A reflection, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Seiwa Genji

Seiwa Genji

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:45 pm

Agree with House. It's time for a complete site change, which I said to Raz before...but ahh well.
Back to top Go down
Izanagi

Izanagi

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:12 am

I also agree with Fibz too, also please grant his request and choose a whole new theme. While your at it too, it might prove to be fruitful if you reviewed some of the site rules. Certain rules that relates to abilities and what not can use some tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revamp   Revamp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revamp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach Online :: Polls-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com