Bleach Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please be sure to sit out there, all you guests, and not log in. Oh, do lurk. We enjoy the lack of activity. It's so wonderful for the forum. Thank you soooo much for your dedication. Welcome to Bleach Online. We currently have lots of Elite spots open for the Quincy, Humans, Hollow, Zanpakutou Spirits. Plus Lieutenant, Fracciōn, and Vice-Elite spots open for all races. Don't be shy, and come on down and register.

The site is currently going through a Revamp. So certain things will slow down, such as application responses. However, once we have our revamp over, the site will return to its familiar luster. Just hold with us for a moment as we implement new rules and features to the site. This Revamp is expected to begin on 5/1/10 and shall conclude on 5/20/10. It will take a full ten days at least for the first half to conclude on account of size of staff and school.
http://souls-unleashed.forumotion.com/ Join, Join, Join. Better, active and everything you want!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The would you? Could you? Game.
Jackal I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:47 pm by harrisonson

» Come and find one piece treasure
Jackal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:29 pm by ardenz

» A free Browser game based on manga
Jackal I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:19 pm by ardenz

» 3D ARPG Game-GOW
Jackal I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 1:14 am by abbeytai

» Amazing Bleach Online
Jackal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:10 am by ivanwilliam

» DBZ GAME
Jackal I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 pm by athenahatt

» bleach online
Jackal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:13 am by adalxjing

» I support
Jackal I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:56 am by Tokujoro Seizen Το Κτήνος

» Arrancar Information
Jackal I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:55 am by Tokujoro Seizen Το Κτήνος

Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Jackal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackal

Jackal

Jackal Empty
PostSubject: Jackal   Jackal I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Arrancar Registration

Name: Jackal

Age: Somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 years, give or take a century or two. He looks to be in his mid-20s, however.

Appearance: Starting with his face, Jackal is raven (black) in hair-color, the hair a bit rough and styled back. The upper portion of his face - from his nose to the top-middle of his head and from one beginning of the ear to another is covered in Hollow-mask. It is an incomplete jackal-face with 'ears' protruding from the top in a spikey manner. ((My signature, which is actually of The Skull Man from the anime same, I feel is a close approximation of this.)) His eyes are yellow and will glow on occasion. His skin is a decided tan, from years in the Egyptian sun, and and his teeth are normal except for a needle-sharpness of the canines.

Some would say that Jackal's body is quite fit and well-rounded. Others would say it is frightening to behold. Here's why. Though he has well-trained muscles for an athletic build suitable for dexterity in combat, he has numerous scars along his body, nearly all self-inflicted when he was alive. And since you are in death a phantom of when you were alive, the careful tracing of his bone-structure - especially the ribcage - with a knife remains. Jackal is the very model of a disturbing individual. In the middle of his chest is his Hollow-hole, big enough to accomodate a spear with a wide head on it. Once again, that's a memory-of-life thing.

Clothing... Jackal is not a traditionalist when it comes to clothing himself in the Arrancar corps. You see, when he first emerged, he was buck-naked and perfectly fine with that, but they made him put on a pair of short-legged pants and a sleeveless vest 'For our sake if not your own'. Aside from that, he is found to be clothed in a sort of loose-fitting gray cloak, which is sleeved and also a memory of clothing that he wore when he was alive as the chief embalmer at Humanuptra. It tends to obscure the exact points of his body so that if you're aiming for the heart, you might only catch the hip and simply make him mad. And you don't want him mad.

Personality: Jackal is balance. It's the way his mind works, and yet he's also somewhat unhinged. Starting from the top of it, he was originally very set in his ways because he was brought up to believe in a number of gods and that he himself was as a direct servant - the avatar, even - of Anubis, god of the dead. He is therefore meticulous in the treatment of death, later also the infliction of it. And even now, he believes that Anubis is out there somewhere, watching and testing him. Thus, he behaves as though he is the right hand of death and pursues this with some fervor and glee. That is his over-arching mentality, and no command from a higher-rank fully supplants this, ever.

Through his years of training and experience, he knows the limitations of life and death, understands that there is a balance in all things, and that some things were meant to die and some were meant to go on living. His is not the joy of random death-dealing, but rather the adventurous hunt in the pursuit of a being to see if it can merit itself reason to live or no exception but to die. This extends to those who are spirit-formed as well, since a death can happen to them as well. The attainment is not something that drives him in the same sense as others. He finds it necessary, not the-one-all-important-thing. He is into meticulous strategy and keeping his opponent off-balance while he remains steady as a rock.

He is somewhat imbalanced, because he's had the misfortune of his indoctrination blowing up in his face and having to adopt or adapt a new method of understanding to the-world-as-he-knows-it. So far, he's found a center to believe him, but if you push it too hard, he will snap...you in half.

--------------------

Hair Color: As stated, raven-black.

Likes: The pursuit of death, the balance of things, strategy, and hunting.

Dislikes: Irritatingly loud people, anyone who thinks they are a god, being misunderstood, and arguments over beliefs.

Crushes: You're joking, right? He comes from the age of consorts, and he had a few himself. Good luck.

--------------------

Specialties: Embalming, desert survival, animal care (cats), riddles

History: Prepare for a long read...

Life...

The exact date or time was not known when this happened, because it was only from a historical point of view that things are recorded. This wasn't historical. This was a foundling. An abandoned child at the steps of Humanuptra, legendary Egyptian city of the dead. The purpose was unknown. Was he some form of sacrifice? An unwanted child? A slave's child who was disallowed? Nobody knows. There...wasn't anything WRONG with the boy. He was just there, inexplicably. So, taking it as a sign - for, you see, whoever dropped him there had placed him under the statue of Anubis - the priests of the city decided that he would be raised in the service of the gods, specifically the god whose presence was most-worshipped in this place. He was so-named Jackal, a lesser-face of Anubis the death god.

From his youth to his adulthood, he was made to serve as the right hand of Anubis, never to think that he was his own for any reason. As the Pharaoh was the living extension of Ra, so to was Jackal the extension of a different god. So religions go. It happens. He grew to become a sturdy man and soon was appointed the head of embalment, the high honor and position he was raised for. Jackal observed death and prepared the way for the dead to whatever followed. It was the way. However, somewhere along the line, a belief of his own began to manifest. Namely...a Pharaoh should not lead, but a man who has given himself up to a god in earnest. This caused a great deal of unrest, a division of people in the area. Until finally...the order was given to kill the Jackal.

They came in the night, soldiers of the Pharaoh commanded to end the life of all defiles of his name. There was a brutal and chaos-filled battle in which casualties were taken heavily on either side. So it goes with religion. It happens. At last, the remnants of the Pharaoh's men cornered Jackal in a fight, his own followers dead or having fled into the night. He himself had taken numerous lives from his attacker's numbers already, and he would still take a few more before finally, the spear thrust true and he was impaled straight through the chest. Thus, dies the man...

Hollow...

His time as a mere soul was decidedly brief. When Jackal was transposed onto the spiritual plain, he found nothing waiting for him but a shadow of the living world where he could not touch anything. That alone was irksome, but what really pissed him off was coming to the land of the dead and not finding Anubis there! This was Humanuptra! He was dead! Where was the god of death? Nothing... Nobody... It was an immense blow to the man's indoctrinated psyche, one which produced howls of rage that maybe perhaps some people heard on the winds of Egypt. Transformation into a Hollow did not take long, as a pain gripped him and an endless spew of bone-like liquid came forth from his mouth, nose, and eyes. In the end, there was a tall and dark jackal--man-thing prowling the Egyptian Empire unchecked.

Though half his brain was now wrapped in instincts, Jackal had mind and time enough to go straight for his one and only desire: Revenge. Countless people died, those loyal to the Pharaoh and those - still living - who had failed him. He hunted them, killed them, and devoured their souls to stave off the pain and the hunger which hounds ALL Hollows. But when mere humanity became not enough, he was led to a different desert. Well, okay, he was below the desert, within the forest that teemed with so many Hollows. You wouldn't really know what to make of this at first glance, but Jackal had the benefit of instincts to just set him into the way of things, killing and devouring amongst the rest. Eventually, the merging took place... Jackal resisted it to the last, but he was inevitably pulled in with the rest to form a Menos, a Gillian. So is the way of things in Hueco Mundo.

Now, it is known that a plain-faced Gillian will stop feeding while a unique one will continue. The one that formed from Jackal's group was plain...AT FIRST. Try to imagine Jackal as undigested beef, never accepting overwhelming force that wished him to be a part of the whole. The Gillian in question was ordinary, but highly-irritable among others for obvious reasons. Many long years passed, and the Gillian remained same. Finally, one day, an Adjuchas with a leech-head took to command the creature in question. He was a loud braggart of a creature and would have annoyed even the most patient of people. Deep inside the amalgam-beast, an irritation stirred. The next thing you know, the Gillian grabbed the Adjuchas and its plain-mask crumbled to reveal a large jackal-mask, which opened wide to reveal a mouth full of long piercing fangs. Jackal devoured the Adjuchas and walked Hueco Mundo once more.

Onward to Arrancar!

A monster roamed the face of Hueco Mundo now. True, all here were monsters, but the frightening growth and terrible mind of this one had to be acknowledged. A Menos who walked the Hollow world enshrouded in a gray smoke, firing Cero from its right eye and gnashing everything to pieces with its horrible teeth. There are some unique Hollows who do better than others. Jackal had the background, at least, and he was developing himself into something quite fierce. Gaining the level of Adjuchas was not nearly as hard as Gillian, though he had been aware of himself as soon as he awakened. Now, his mind was clear of most distractions, save for hunger. But hunger became a hunt, and the hunt came to rest on the desert above. A whole new landscape for him to play with.

Jackal did not make enemies. He ended them. He did not make friends, only associates. He was now a gray-cloaked man-jackal-thing who stood merely ten feet in height...but was uniquely formidable. It was no longer a matter of deadly beastial combat, but tactics and cunning as well, and he was blessed with that, for certain. He had earned the right to walk as a man does again, and thus began to understand his surroundings. Hueco Mundo, Hollows, Vasto Lordes, and...Arrancar? Nobody he had ever spoken to had even SEEN a Vasto Lorde, but there were these nearly-human-like Hollows known as Arrancar around, Hollows who had damaged their mask and reborn some of their humanity. It was here that he had learned of the massive dome in the desert, Las Noches.

Over time, he made his way towards the dome. It was a really long walk, and he didn't appear right next to the place when he originally surfaced. Hueco Mundo IS freakishly massive, after all. Plus, a number of things got in the way. Attackers and guardians and such like that there. There were various reasons why he was allowed to pass by those who were guardians. For one, he'd heard of the device-artifact-thing which transmutes Hollows into Arrancar and he wished to join up to get his. Yes...it was time for him to be annointed at last. Long had been his quest, and now he would reap the rewards. Stepping into the dome, he was had to convince, cajole, and even threaten to get what he needed. But inevitably...he did.

Thus stands the man, no longer half-beast but a monster in the human flesh! A prime specimen lacking in mental or physical defects which can occur during the process of transmutation. Now, he would enjoy the full control of himself and his power, with not one threat of ever returning to the dormancy again. He emerged before the other Arrancar and...quickly grossed them out because he was scarred and friggin' naked. So, they made him put on some pants and he recovered his gray cloak, besides. He, the right arm of death, continues his quest in the afterlife.

Innate Ability: This...

Razonar (Reflect) - I have said this before, but Jackal is balance. He is between life and death, the potential and the kinetic, the active and the dormant... With his hands, he is able to create an energy membrane, a sort of net to ensnare energy attacks, that is essentially like a reshapeable mirror. Here is how it works... The attack comes in and he holds out his hand. When he does that, the membrane appears like a wall in front of it. The attack hits it and the membrane folds all around it, surrounding it. Then, when the attack is suppose to go off, it can only blast out the way it came. It's a redirection of forces which can allow Jackal to throw things right back at the enemy. He would call it a good use of resources, since he can actually direct the attack to wherever his hand's pointed, as though he caught it and threw it back. This can be effective on abilities as small as a Kido bullet and as large as a Cero that is not as strong as him. He must do it with his hands, though, and only one attack-per-hand at a time. This ability is meant to be used on projectile attacks.

Picture of Character: Yeah...I'm no artist. My power is in words. Just you wait 'till I get to his Resurrección, though.

Sample Chapter: Sit now, fellow reader, as we delve into the 'life' of Jackal...

This, the inner-sanctum the Las Noches dome, was his home now, a place you could call much different from his world of Egypt or the place which he knew as Hueco Mundo. Sand... It was strange, but he could not get over the need and the feel for sand. He was far too use to that, and so his room was full of it, taken from outside. Yes, there was an area indoors which had as much desert sand as the out, but he didn't like it. He had been in darkness for many years now, so why would he want something like that now? He was dead and had already forsaken the sun-god. So, it was better to exist in eternal night than... You know, nevermind. Debating these things with himself like this were boring sometimes. That is why he would often sleep, in the sand, and the mist.

Yes, his room was full of mist, too. He enjoyed that. It gave anyone he was sneaking upon a fright. The first time when someone's Fraccion came in here and he grabbed their ankles...the little girly scream was drop-dead hilarious, and it was a beefy man to begin with! Jackal yawned, though, dissipating the smoke in here. He was bored, and he was hungry, and there was little to do at the moment. He hadn't been asked to do anything, nor had he been in mind to start anything. So, he idly wandered out into the halls, the many twisting halls of Las Noches. It was one of those things, though. You get lost in this place, and it's not clear where he was now.

"Hmmm... Now, where am I? The Privaron sector...? No no, that's not it."

As he was making his way around, the inevitable occurred. You see, there is a type of person who pisses everyone off, straight to the point where it seems that person exists to do so, exclusively. As soon as he felt the pounding of heavy footsteps, Jackal knew that such a fool was headed his way, from behind. It was one of those imperfect Arrancar. Actually, what DOES make a perfect Arrancar? Possibly a Vasto Lorde, but then...had any such beings even BEEN an Arrancar? He wasn't sure. But this... A twenty-foot-tall mouth-breather with a partial-mask over its forehead. A lumbering oaf, an unworthy creature... He ignored it, though it would not go away.

"HUH? WHAT THE...? HEY, YOU'RE IN THE WAY!! MOOOVE!!"

Jackal winced in irritation. What a social defect. Typical large-man mentality. He's high on being a big beefcake. Well, when the shorter Arrancar had had just about enough, he turned to give the ingrate an unblinking stare from his cold yellow eyes.

"Do you know what I do with people who ask too many questions? I rip out their tongues in preservation of peace and calm."

"BUT I DIDN'T ASK ANYTHING!! WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! GET OUT OF M-"

He didn't get farther than that. One Sonido later, Jackal was literally in his face, practically standing on his chin as he gripped the larger Arrancar's nose and reached into his mouth, laughing... He punched through teeth and reached in to grab the speaking muscle which offended his ears so. And with a quick RIIIP, he pulled the entire sucker out, landing on the ground before the beast of a man, who wailed incoherantly now.

"That sounded like a question to me. Distract me no longer."

He dropped the tongue and was starting to head on his way when he heard the other Arrancar's voice turn to anger. Couldn't understand him, of course, but he could feel the Cero forming. Anything up from a normal Hollow could use a Cero blast. The lowest Menos to the highest of the Espada had this power. It was really quite reckless. And too bad, since he knew how to handle those. Not even looking, he held out his hand as the Arrancar fired, and the big red ball of doom came straight for him. It struck...well, sort of. It seemed like there was some kind of transparent barrier for a second, or a membrane, which seemed to stop the attack an inch from his hands. The membrane shifted and surrounded the Cero blast, causing its energy to be release back in the direction it came from rather than exploding in Jackal's face and injuring him. So, instead, the confused-and-tongueless Arrancar had its head vaporized by a red beam of death. The body slumped forward onto the floor.

"Whoever's boss that is will be sore with me later. Oh well... Lunch?"

He began to drag the body away, as he had just remembered the way out of here.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Polk

Mr. Polk

Jackal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackal   Jackal I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down

Jackal
Page 1 of 1